Odisha Govt Issues Notice To 10 Degree Colleges For Poor Enrolment
Bhubaneswar: The Odisha government has sought clarification from principals of 10 non-government degree colleges over poor enrolment in their respective institute in the last three years.
Additional secretary, Higher Education, Jayant Narayan Sarangi has issued the show-cause notice and asked them to reply to it by February 20. The 10 Degree colleges, situated in various districts of Odisha, are
- Gyana Bharati Degree College, Mancheswar and Gourav College of Commerce, Science and Management, Palasuni in Khurda district.
- Apex Residential Degree College at Kamagarh in Jajpur district,
- Khetrapala Sanskrit Degree College and Sriram Sanskrit Degree College in Kendrapara district
- Bruhaspati Degree College at Joda in Keonjhar district,
- Brilliance Plus III Science College at Kalichandrapur in Mayurbhanj district,
- Institute of Advanced Studies in Commerce at Anguliapada in Sambalpur district,
- Sukanti Degree College at Dhubamunda in Sonepur district
- Venus Degree College at Dengibhadi in Sundargarh district.
These institutes, with less than 25 per cent admission in the last three years, are likely to lose their government affiliation.