COVID-19 Threat: IISc Suspends Classes, Examinations For 15 Days
Bengaluru: Amidst coronavirus scare, the Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bengaluru has suspended all classes, examinations, seminars and conferences for almost 15 days, starting from Tuesday.
The notice, issued by the Registrar, IISc stated, “All students are instructed to proceed to their homes before noon of March 16, 2020 and await further instructions.”
The students and faculty residing at the campus have been directed to stay indoors and avoid large public gatherings to help contain the spread of the infectious virus, as per the notice.
Among others, the following educational institutes across India have been shut down following COVID threat:
- IIT Delhi- All students have been asked to vacate the hostels till March 31
- Jawaharlal Nehru University, Delhi- Classes have been suspended till March 31
- NIT Rourkela closed till further orders. Students asked to leave campus.
- Colleges in Odisha to remain closed till March 31
- Jamia Milia Islamia, Delhi- Classes have been suspended till March 31
- IIT Kanpur- Annual tech fest postponed till further notice, classes suspended till March 29
- IIM Ahmedabad- Convocation deferred till further notice
- Delhi University- Classes suspended for all DU colleges till March 31
- Amity University, Kolkata- Classes suspended till March 31
- Ashoka University- Term break extended till March 31
- Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University- Classes suspended till March 31
- HNLU, Raipur- Classes suspended till March 18
- IIM Indore- Convocation postponed till further notice
- Colleges in Ladakh and Srinagar will be closed till March 31.
- All colleges will be closed in Rajasthan till March 31.
- All colleges in Uttar Pradesh will be closed till March 22.
- All colleges in Bihar will be closed till March 31.
- All colleges in Haryana will be closed till March 31.
- All colleges in Chhattisgarh will be closed till March 31.
- Visva-Bharti University- Classes suspended till March 31