The gross enrollment ratio at higher education level in India is a dismal 26 per cent. This means that 3 out of 4 students starting education in India don’t enroll for college or university programmes. The situation is particularly worse among the students belonging to lower income group families, who can’t afford higher education. To enable such students so that they can pursue and complete their higher education, Buddy4Study India Foundation has come with a scholarship – ‘Sardar Patel Scholarship for Students Pursuing Graduation’. The scholarship programme is meant for economically weaker section (EWS) students studying in the first and second year of a three-year graduation programme.
Sardar Patel Scholarship for Students Pursuing Graduation – About the Programme
The ‘Sardar Patel Scholarship for Students Pursuing Graduation’ is open for students pursuing undergraduate studies in streams like Arts, Commerce, Science, Special Education. The students currently studying in first and second year of graduation programme can apply for this scholarship and get financial aid up to Rs 15,000.
To be eligible for ‘Sardar Patel Scholarship for Students Pursuing Graduation’, the students are required to fulfil these conditions –
- Open for Indian citizens only.
- They must be a student studying in first and second year of a 3-year graduation programme (in any stream including Science, Arts, Commerce, Special Education).
- The applicants must have passed Class 12 board with minimum 50 per cent marks.
- The annual family income should be less than Rs 6,00,000 (6 lakhs) per annum.
- Applicants must be pursuing graduation from a recognised college/university in regular full-time mode.
Selection Process and Scholarship Amount
The students selected for the scholarship will receive a financial assistance of Rs 15,000. The selection will be based on the applicant’s academic and financial background. The process to be followed for selection involves the following steps –
- Initial screening of scholarship applications on the basis of academic merit and financial need
- Telephonic interview of shortlisted candidates
- Face-to-face interview (if required) for final selection
The applications for ‘Sardar Patel Scholarship for Students Pursuing Graduation’ are accepted online only. The students who are eligible can apply for it by following the steps mentioned below –
Step 1: Visit the ‘Sardar Patel Scholarship for Students Pursuing Graduation’ detail page.
Step 2: Read all the details carefully and click on the ‘Apply Now’ button.
Step 3: The students will be redirected to the application page. Click on ‘Start Application’ (if already logged in) or click the ‘Register’ button to start the application.
Step 4: Complete the scholarship application and upload all relevant documents.
Step 5: Submit the completed application.
Key Documents Required
The applicants are required to upload certain documents to support their application –
- Photo identity proof
- Address proof
- Self-attested copy of Class XII marksheet
- Admission proof such as college ID card, admission fees receipt, etc.
- Current academic year fee receipt
- Bank account details of the applicant such as cancelled cheque or copy of the passbook
The online applications for ‘Sardar Patel Scholarship for Students Pursuing Graduation’ are now open. Students, who find themselves eligible, can apply for it before May 31, 2020.
Courtesy: – www.buddy4study.com