The National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT) has announced the launch of the ‘NCERT Doctoral Fellowship’ programme.
The fellows can pursue their work in a recognized university/research institution of their choice.
Fellowship Amount: The fellows will receive a fellowship of Rs 23,000 per month (for non-NET candidates) and Rs 25,000 per month (in case of NET qualified candidates) for a maximum period of three years from the date of permanent Ph.D. registration and/or date of selection in NCERT.
They will also receive a contingency grant of Rs 10,000 per annum during this period, said an NCERT notification.
The maximum number of fellowships to be awarded is 10. Four out of the 10 fellowships are reserved for 4 Regional Institutes of Education (RIEs), one each for Bhubaneswar Ajmer, Bhopal and Mysore.
Interested candidates can click here for the notification.
The fellowship will be given for research in the following areas:
- Teacher Educators’ Education
- Education Of the Disadvantaged
- Classroom Processes and Practices
- Curricular Areas
- Education For Peace
- Psycho-Social Development Of Children
- Any Burning Issue in School Education
- Good academic record with at least 60 per cent marks at both the graduate and postgraduate levels.
- Candidates should not be more than 35 years of age as on the last date of receipt of applications.
- Candidates registered for Ph.D. degree in a recognised university or working toward their Ph.D registration are eligible to apply.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to appear for an interview, which may also include a presentation of the proposals.
The application should be filled in the format available on the NCERT website (www.ncert.nic.in).
Completed application forms should be accompanied by a concept paper of about 1500 words on the theme of the proposed research, which should contain statements about
(a) rationale and objectives of the study
(b) conceptual framework
(c) proposed methodology
(d) potential contribution of the study.
Attested copies of all marksheets/certificates and proof of Ph.D. registration (if already registered) should also be sent with the application at the following address:
- Division of Educational Research,
- Room No.14, 3rd Floor, Zakir Husain Block,
- National Council of Educational Research and Training,
- Sri Aurobindo Marg,New Delhi – 110 016
The last date of receiving completed application is one month, the notification has said. Candidates are advised to check the NCERT advertisement in the newspapers for further details.