The Odisha Public Service Commission (OPSC) has invited online applications from interested and eligible candidates for the Odisha Civil Services (OCS) Preliminary Examination, 2019 for recruitment to posts and services coming under the Odisha Civil Services, (Group -A & Group-B).
The application form will be available on the official website: http://opsconline.gov.in from November 13, 2019 to December 10, 2019. The last date for payment of examination fees at any branch of the State Bank Of India, is December 16, 2019.
Name of Posts/Services Advertised:
Group – A
- Odisha Administrative Service (OAS) (Junior Branch)
- Odisha Police Service (OPS) (Junior Branch)
- Odisha Finance Service (OFS) (Junior Branch)
Group – B
- Odisha Co-operative Service (OCS) (ARCS/AGCS)
- Odisha Revenue Service (ORS)
- Odisha Taxation & Accounts Service (OT&AS)
- OAS — 30
- OFS — 9
- OPS — 7
- OCS — 5
- ORS — 82
- OT&AS — 20
Candidates are advised to visit the official website of OPSC http://www.opsc.gov.in/ or click here to get more details about the OCS preliminary examination.
- Age Limit:
A candidate must be under 32 years and over 21 years of age as on January 01, 2019.
- Educational Qualification:
- The Candidates applying for the posts must hold a Bachelor’s Degree From any university incorporated by an Act of the Central or a State Legislature in India or an educational institution established by an Act of Parliament or deemed to be a University under Section -3 of the University Grants Commission Act 1956 or a Foreign University approved by the Central Government.
- The candidate must be able to read, write and speak Odia or passed a test in Odia Middle English School Standard conducted by the School & Mass Education Department of the Government of Odisha.
The candidates are required to pay a non-refundable and non-adjustable fee of Rs 500 only. Candidates belonging to SC/ST and persons with more than 40 per cent permanent disability are exempted from payment of this fee.
Plan And Conduct Of The Examination:
- Preliminary Examination (Objective Type- Multiple Choice Questions)
- Main Examination
- Personality Test or Interview
The preliminary examination shall consist of two papers of objective type (multiple choice questions) and each paper shall be of two hours duration carrying 200 marks each.
The general studies Paper-II will be the qualifying paper with minimum qualifying marks of 33 per cent. A candidate has to, therefore, secure 33 per cent so as to evaluate paper-I of the preliminary examination.
After the declaration of result of main written examination, the candidates who qualify to appear at the V.V Test , will be required to submit the printout/hard copy of online application form, along with the photocopies of the other documents, on or before the date to be notified later, for consideration of their eligibility.