New Delhi: The Union Cabinet has approved the signing of a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) among the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC), India and Independent Administrative Reforms and Civil Services Commission (IARCSC), Afghanistan. The cabinet meeting for approval was chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
The MoU is aimed at strengthening the relationship between IARCSC and UPSC. It is expected to facilitate sharing of experience and expertise of both in the area of recruitment, according to a PIB release.
Salient Features of the MoU:
- Exchange of experience on modern approach to public service recruitment and selection, particularly the functions of the UPSC and the IARCSC.
- Exchange of information and expertise including books, manuals and other documents which are not of a confidential nature.
- Sharing of expertise in the use of Information Technology (IT) in the preparation of written examinations and holding of Computer Based Recruitment Tests and Online Examinations.
- Sharing of experience in Single Window System for expeditious scrutiny and speedy disposal of applications.
- Sharing of experience and expertise on various processes involved in examination system.
- Organise training sessions for officials, including short attachments to the Parties’ secretariat/headquarters on all matters concerned by the respective mandate of the parties.
- Sharing of experience on the modalities adopted on adult of processes and procedures followed by various Government Agencies in recruitment of posts under the delegated power.