Bhubaneswar: Things are all set to change for the better at the Odisha University of Agriculture Technology (OUAT). Its infrastructure is ready for a major overhaul.
According to the blueprint prepared for its facelift, here is what is in store.
- Out of 19 undergraduate hostels in the university, six will be renovated while five hostels (nos- 4, 5, 6, 7 and 9) will be demolished as they are in a dilapidated condition.
- A total of 589 students staying in these five hostels will be adjusted in other hostels.
- A new hostel to be constructed in this area will accommodate 2000 students.
- A new hostel for 1000 students.
- It will accommodate students of Basic Science College
- A state-of-the-art sports complex for indoor and outdoor games for which the university authorities have identified 6.5 acres in an area between the Biju Patnaik International Airport and Central Government Health Scheme (CGHS).
- As a safety measure, a high boundary wall will be constructed with one entry and exit point for the students.
The infra development of the university has been taken following the visit of the 5-T secretary VK Pandian on February 17.
For the construction of hostels for graduate and post-graduate students, the University authorities have been asked to submit a report on the number of students to be accommodated in these.