India is celebrating Engineer’s Day 2020 on Tuesday, the birth anniversary of one of India’s top civil engineers M Visvesvaraya. To mark the occasion, we are here with a list of top engineering colleges in India other than IITs, for one to choose in case he/she misses a chance in IITs.
Engineering holds a strong position in the Indian education system as every other non-medical science student wants to enter the engineering field.
Though the IITs bagged 9 out of 10 spots in the overall top 10 list of engineering colleges this year, in this article, we are revealing the other engineering institutes apart from the IITs that you can go for as well.
Top 10 engineering institutes in India other than IITs
1. National Institute of Technology (NIT) Tiruchirappalli (Tiruchirappalli, Tamil Nadu)
2. National Institute of Technology (NIT) Karnataka (Surathkal, Karnataka)
3. Anna University (Chennai, Tamil Nadu)
4. Vellore Institute of Technology (VIT) (Vellore, Tamil Nadu)
5. National Institute of Technology (NIT) Rourkela (Rourkela, Odisha)
6. Jadavpur University (JU) (Kolkata, West Bengal)
7. Institute of Chemical Technology (Mumbai, Maharashtra)
8. National Institute of Technology (NIT) Warangal (Warangal, Telangana)
9. Amrita School of Engineering (Amritapuri, Kerala)
10. Indian Institute of Engineering Science and Technology (IIEST) (Shibpur, West Bengal)
Engineering aspirants can go to the official websites of these institutions to know more about their background and policies.