New Delhi: University Grants Commission (UGC) has announced a number of new undergraduate (UG) and postgraduate (PG) degree courses in various streams.
The new courses were specified by UGC in the Gazette of India notification dated October 14, 2021, and March 3, 2022.
Any degree course not mentioned in the notification and its subsequent amendment shall be rendered as unrecognized, UGC specified.
Among the new courses are Bachelor of Fashion Technology, Master of Fashion Technology, Bachelor of Sports Management, Masters of Sports Management, Bachelor of Sowa-Rigpa Medicine and Surgery.
Bachelor of Sowa Rigpa Medicine and Surgery course under Medicine and Surgery, Ayurveda, Unani, Homeopathy, Health and Allied Sciences, Pharmacy, Paramedical, Nursing Department will be for a duration of five-and-a-half years. Students who have cleared class 12 Boards will be eligible for this new programme.
The UGC has reduced the duration for Masters of Computer Application programme from 3 to 2 years, while the bachelor course duration for Occupational Therapy has been increased from 4 to 4-and-a-half years.
Here’s the list of new degree courses approved by the UGC:
* Bachelor of Sowa Rigpa Medicine and Surgery (BSRMS)
* Bachelor of Fashion Technology (BFTech)
* Master of Fashion Technology (MFTech)
* Master of Fashion Management (MFM)
* Bachelor of Urban Design (BUD)
* Master of Urban Design (MUD)
* Bachelor of Sports Management (BSM)
* Masters of Sports Management (MSM)
* Bachelor of Sports Science (BSS)
* Master of Sports Science (MSS)