Bhubaneswar: The entire campus of Xavier Institute of Management, Bhubaneswar, (XIMB) in the Odisha capital has been sealed after the detection of a large number of COVID-19 cases.
The Bhubaneswar Municipal Corporation (BMC) on Monday said: “In the larger public interest and to contain the further spread of the virus. the entire XIMB institute campus is hereby sealed until further order.”
The notification reads:
- No one shall be allowed to move into or from outside the XIMB campus except an authorised person of BMC.
- All the inhabitants within the campus if any shall strictly remain inside. The supply of essentials and medical requirements if required will be ensured by BMC.
- All other institutions located within the boundary of the campus is hereby closed forthwith.
- All the staff and students of the institution shall have to undergo mandatory COVID-19 testing on March 22.
- The detected positive cases are to be kept in isolation in separate rooms of a single hostel and be kept in strict observation by the institute authority. The Institute will make the necessary arrangement of food for the positive students in time by adhering to COVID norms. The students, staff found positive in subsequent tests are to be kept in the same hostel under isolation.
- In case of any medical emergency Institute authority to contact the BMC control Room (Mob: 7847873040) or the Zonal Deputy Commissioner (Mob: 9777765371).
- Further specific instructions/orders will be issued as and when required by the BMC.