New Delhi: Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) will hold entrance test all over India for admission to B.Ed. programme on May 8.
Candidates can register by visiting the official IGNOU website — ignou.ac.in.
The last date for online registration is April 17.
According to an IGNOU press release, admission is merit-based and a Nodal Regional Centre-wise merit list will be released.
* Candidates should have at least 50% marks either in Bachelor’s degree and/or in Masters degree in Sciences/Social Sciences/Commerce/Humanities. Bachelor degree in Engineering or Technology with specialization in Science and Mathematics with 55% marks or any other equivalent qualification needed
* Candidates should be trained in-service teachers in elementary education and must have completed NCTE-recognized teacher education programme through face-to-face mode
* Reservation and relaxation of 5% marks in minimum eligibility will be provided to SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer)/PWD/EWS candidates as per Central government rules. Kashmiri migrants and war widow candidates will be provided relaxation as per University rules.
HOW TO REGISTER
* Go to IGNOU website — ignou.ac.in
* On the homepage, search ‘alerts’ section and click on link for B.Ed registration
* Click on registration link and log in
* Fill required personal details, programme details, qualification details and correspondence details
* Upload scanned photograph and signature
* Pay application fee of Rs 1000 and click on submit
*Save/print form for future reference.