Nitin Gadkari Approves Unique Employment Generation Programme To Boost Employment In Agarbatti Industry
New Delhi: MSME Minister Nitin Gadkari approved a unique employment generation programme proposed by the Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC) to make India self-efficient in the production of Agarbatti. The programme, ‘Khadi Agarbatti Atma Nirbhar Mission’ aims at creating employment for unemployed and migrant workers in different parts of the country.
All India Radio took to twitter to announce the approval of the programme by the minister.
MSME Minister @nitin_gadkari approves a unique employment generation program proposed by Khadi and Village Industries Commission to make India Aatmanirbhar in Agarbatti production. pic.twitter.com/M4iYb7cdXO
— All India Radio News (@airnewsalerts) August 2, 2020
The project will be launched soon and will be providing jobs to thousands in the Agarbatti industry. Under the scheme, KVIC will provide automatic Agarbatti making machines and powder mixing machines to the artisans after partnering with private Agarbatti manufacturers.
With an aim to encourage local production, KVIC has also decided to procure only locally made machines by Indian manufacturers. It goes well with the Central government’s mission of making India Atma Nirbhar. KVIC will also be providing a 25 percent subsidy on the cost of the machines and will recover the remaining 75 percent of the cost from the artisans in easy installments every month.