Bhubaneswar: Considering the current COVID-19 situation, the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has decided to reimburse the lowest ‘to-and-fro’ airfare to the candidates. Outstation candidates may travel by Air India or any other private airlines to attend interviews/PT boards.
The reimbursement though have few conditions attached to it.
According to a UPSC notification, the e-Summon Letters of Personality Tests (Interviews) of the candidates will be made available shortly on the official website and no request for change in the date and time of the Personality Test (Interview) intimated to the candidates will be entertained.
The UPSC Personality Tests (interviews) of Civil Services (Main) Examination, 2020 will be conducted from April 6. The results were announced on March 23.
Following are the conditions for reimbursement:
- Opt for cheapest flight ticket under economy class among the airlines operating in the concerned sector immediately after downloading the e-summon letter;
- Book the air tickets either directly from the Airlines (Booking counters, websites) or through the travel agents authorised by the Department of Expenditure, Ministry of Finance viz. Ashoka Tours & Travels, Balmer & Lawrie and IRCTC only;
- Air Tickets booked through Private travel agents viz. MakeMyTrip, Yatra, Goibibo, Ease My Trip, etc. will not be reimbursed;
- The nearest airport will be determined on the basis of the address given by the candidates in their Detailed Application Forms (DAFs).
- Bring hard copies of Air Tickets (To & fro journeys) showing the details of airfare along with Boarding Pass (For onward journey only) for reimbursement.
- Second/ Sleeper class train fare (Mail Express) will be reimbursed if the candidates perform their journey by Rail irrespective of Class in accordance with para 132 of the service rule.